AZT 2019 Day 12: Zero day in Oracle

0.0 miles

I woke up in a comfortable bed this morning. It was such a great feeling on my still swollen calves/feet. I started in on my backload of video/picture uploads to the internet, but it the uploading was very slow.

Sierra started to pack her things and arranged to be taken back to the trail by Jim. Cool Breeze, who apparently was here last night was supposed to go too, but he had gotten up super early and walked the 2-3 miles to the trail.

The Chalet Village Motel.

My chalet.


I asked Jim where the best wifi reception was, and he pointed me to a lounge area in the backyard that I didn't know existed. Between the amenities, the price, and the trail angels, I could tell that this was going to be a great place to zero.

Backyard lounge.

Barrel bull.


I took another shower, cleaned some of my stuff sacks, my spoon, backwashed my filter (that was already clogging from dirt), and organized my remaining food and equipment.

Midday, two more hikers, who were hiking the Enchantment Trail, came in and we went to lunch at the local Mexican restaurant.  On the way back, Marney stopped at the post office so we could pick up a package that contained a pair of new socks and my new shoes.

Later in the day, Marney drove me to the Dollar General to buy my resupply.  I repackaged my food to fit in my food bag, then finished my internet uploads. Tomorrow I am back on the trail.

Comments

  1. Hello Snapper.....happy to see you made it to Oracle and that you are staying in one of Marney and Jim’s Chalets. They are great people and very accommodating. The Patio Cafe has a great breakfast if you take the time before hitting the trail again. Your journal, videos, and photos rank near the top of the many I have read over the years. Best wishes and hike on........(-;

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FT2018 Day 44: Campsite near the Aucilla River (mile 734.2) to Ring Dike Campsite (mile 760.8)

AZT 2019 Day 44: Campsite near Umbrella Tank (mile 768.4) to Utah-Arizona border (mile 788.7)

FT2018 Day 40: Holton Creek River Camp (mile 652.0) to Black Tract Campsite (mile 674.4)