AZT 2019 Day 26: Zero Day with my Parents

0.0 miles

Trying to keep with my hiking schedule, I got up really early today and started prepping for getting back on the trail. I repackaged my food so that it would fit in my food bag, backwashed my filter (gross!), and worked on my backlog of journal entries.

My parents and I then went on a quest to get replacement gear. We had to go to two separate Best Buys in order to find a new lens cap fir my camera, lost on the eventful day at Roosevelt Lake, and lens cap keeper. We then went to eat at my one of my parent's favorite eateries, The Queen Ceek Olive Mill. Afterwards, my parents took me to their favorite mountain park.



At Usery Mountain Regional Park we took a short hike to see the saguaros that were starting to bloom. There were also plenty if antelope squirrels running around, as well as little lizards with striped tails. The palo verde were also blooming with their yellow flowers. It was overcast today, so the colors were muted, but at least that meant the temperatures were reasonable.






Next, we went to the library to check email/upload videos, then got some miscellaneous supplies at Target. Since I had the opportunity, I picked up some bath salts for a lovely, fragrant bath.

As soon as we got back, I took advantage of the bath opportunity. I spent way too long in there as it felt so amazing. Afterwards, I didn't feel amazing. I wasn't able to eat dinner.

It was either the heat of the bath or dehydration. Either way, I felt awful and nauseated. I needed to lay in bed for at least an hour before I started to feel any better.

Afterwards, I watched TV with my parents, working on uploads, then went to bed. I was going to charge my external battery overnight, but when I plugged it in, it wouldn't take a charge. This was a problem. I have the hiker box solar charger, but that has issues as well. I looked online and it looked like one of the local Best Buys has a replacement in stock (hopefully). Unfortunately, they don't open until 10 AM.

We were planning on getting an early start to the trailhead tomorrow, but that is not going to happen. Tomorrow I am going to have to decide whether to rush straight up to the trailhead or take another zero day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FT2018 Day 44: Campsite near the Aucilla River (mile 734.2) to Ring Dike Campsite (mile 760.8)

AZT 2019 Day 44: Campsite near Umbrella Tank (mile 768.4) to Utah-Arizona border (mile 788.7)

FT2018 Day 40: Holton Creek River Camp (mile 652.0) to Black Tract Campsite (mile 674.4)