Triple Zero Recovery

My Trail Angel had taken me back to SoCal to let my knee heal and seal a bit. Originally, the doctor told me that the cells in my skin needed 2-3 days to start making their connections to each other. I figured, if you counted suture day as “Day 1,” I would only need one or two zero days and then I would be back on the trail.

I didn't factor in transportation back to the trail. My Trail Angel has a job and it is not easy to take off at any time.  I was going stir crazy sitting around and seeing online updates from people I had been hiking with. Everyone was so far ahead of me, even the people who had been behind me.

With the sutures still on my knee I do not think it is likely that I will be doing the miles needed to catch up to them. It sounded like everyone was picking up the miles they would do per day anyway. We are all a little behind on trying to get to the border by Oct 1.

With the exception of the first zero, where I went to the beach in the evening, I spent all my zero days resting, eating, cleaning my Trail Angel’s house and spending way too much time online obsessing over where my fellow hikers were at. I need to get back on trail ASAP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FT2018 Day 44: Campsite near the Aucilla River (mile 734.2) to Ring Dike Campsite (mile 760.8)

AZT 2019 Day 44: Campsite near Umbrella Tank (mile 768.4) to Utah-Arizona border (mile 788.7)

FT2018 Day 40: Holton Creek River Camp (mile 652.0) to Black Tract Campsite (mile 674.4)