Double Zero

When I left Onyx Summit, I was actually feeling pretty good, like I didn't really need a zero day yet.  The next morning, however, was a different story.  My legs were sore and my feet felt swollen. I hobbled around a bit after getting out of bed, so my first move was to go to the gym for my swimming/hot tub recovery.  I tried to ignore to weird looks from the gym-bros walking by when I put the soles of my feet directly on the hot tub jets. After that I grabbed lunch at a local restaurant that serves tator tots as appetizers (I'm hiking, why not?), then went home to take care of miscellaneous things that had built up in the past couple weeks.

On my second zero day I took advantage of the weather and swam in the backyard pool while enjoying some watermelon.  I also needed some supplies from REI.  The REI I went to is located right next to a German restaurant, so I ate dinner there.  My hiker hunger hasn't fully kicked in yet, but I am definitely starting to consume more calories.  I already had to go down a size in pants, so I am trying to eat more in order to have the energy to do the kind of hiking I need to do.  I was actually using my backpack's hip belt to keep my original pair of pants from falling down.  I don't think I have ever said this before, but I need to try to eat more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FT2018 Day 44: Campsite near the Aucilla River (mile 734.2) to Ring Dike Campsite (mile 760.8)

AZT 2019 Day 44: Campsite near Umbrella Tank (mile 768.4) to Utah-Arizona border (mile 788.7)

FT2018 Day 40: Holton Creek River Camp (mile 652.0) to Black Tract Campsite (mile 674.4)